About Salil Fadnis
Salil started his career in 1991 with Oberoi Hotels as a Kitchen Executive Trainee and thereafter worked his way up in various capacities. He later joined the Marriott group & since then has been a pre-opening specialist, having opened hotels in India and overseas, and has been a special invitee to several prestigious hotels.
With a career spanning over 29 years, Salil has continued his passion for food at Hotel Sahara Star opening nine F&B outlets. He is also the Vice President & founder member of the Western India Culinary Association. After spending 15 years as Executive Chef, he has moved beyond the kitchen and is currently heading the operations at Hotel Sahara Star as Hotel Manager.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions shared on the podcast are individual and personal. They do not represent any organisations that may have been mentioned.
- The Hospitality sector has reduced to 25% of what it was before COVID-19. The hotel occupancies have reduced to as low as 8-10% of the power occupancy because of negligible travel.
- Some of the crucial areas in the hospitality industry include the operational and functional field of play, which requires immediate and efficient strategic planning.
- The concern lies in taking action according to the customers’ ever-changing behavioral patterns, and it depends on how the guests will react to the protocol.
- The industry requires a proper, tech-based financial, and operational analysis to revive it from the downfall.
- Gaining the confidence of the customers/guests is of prime importance during or post-COVID-19.
- Safety should be made significant right from the entrance. App-based check-in and check-out system, QR-based technology, and avoiding gatherings are specific steps that the situation demands.
- The pandemic has acted as a fuel to bring in tech-based services; that the hospitality sector should follow.
- Food and beverages are now rapidly moving towards e-services and contactless payments. In-room dining will fill in the gaps to avoid gatherings.
- Normalcy is not far away. First of all, compulsive business travels will pick-up and then tourism. Still, local tourism should be given the most attention.
HelloSuite is a progressive web app for hotel guests that equips them to conveniently explore all hotel services from their own devices. Guests can use it to digitally check-in, order food, reserve tables, book spa sessions, request housekeeping, and much more. The design of the application is fully customizable to match the hotel’s design guidelines. To know more, schedule a demo with us or write to us at email@example.com